Banneton baskets_have a few functions
Banneton baskets explain in detail
1. Banneton baskets are a container in which to proof your bread.
2. They help to create a uniform shape.
3. Probably most importantly, the bannetons help to wick away moisture from the surface of the dough which helps to create a thin, crisp crust.
4. The ribbing inside the basket imprints onto the bread giving it an attractive texture.
5. The dough won’t stick – Unlike the cane varieties, no cloth is needed inside the basket. Just lightly flour it before use and the dough easily falls out when it’s ready to bake.
6. No clean up required. Just tap the excess flour out after use and store in a dry place until next time.